Re: pre-award office & technology transfer Ralph M. Metzger, III 16 Oct 1996 15:42 EST

 At Ohio State, our Technology Transfer Office negotiates licenses
and option agreements and files patent applications.  The Office for
Industrial R&D negotiates terms and conditions regarding intellectual
property rights in sponsored program agreements (not license or option
terms) with industry.  The Office of Grants and Contracts is responsible for
IP t&c's in agreements with other sponsors.  We work with and seek
assistance from Tech Transfer whenever we encounter unusual situations or
truculant sponsor negotiators.
 Ralph Metzger, Director
 Office for Industrial R&D
 The Ohio State University Research Foundation