Research Administration Glossary Jean Humphries 14 Oct 1996 08:10 EST

>Date:         Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:39:00 PDT
>Sender: Research Administration Discussion Group
>              <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>From: Research Administration Discussion Group
>              <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>Subject:      Research Administration Glossary
>To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>
>
>We are compiling a glossary of terms and acronyms used within the field of
>research administration.  Before we start from scratch we wondered if anyone
>else has already done something similar that they may be willing to share?
>We will be using it in our campus-wide staff development courses on research
>administration.
>
>To sweeten the pot, we'd be willing to put the final glossary on our web
>site so others can download it for their own use.
>
>Thanks in advance for any assistance!
>
>Erin B. Lindsay
>UCLA Sponsored Research
>xxxxxx@ocga.ulca.edu

=========================
Erin,

 We've done "sort of" a glossary on our web site.  We have taken the
OMB circulars applicable to universities and made a list of citations for
the locations of terms within the circulars.  Examples:

 Closeout
 A-110.A.2.(g) - 11/29/93 revision

 Cognizant agency
 A-87.B.6. - 5/17/95 revision
 A-128.5.a. - 4/12/85
 A-133.Attachment 1.b. - 3/16/90

 Commencement and convocation costs
 A-21.J.6. - 5/8/96 recompilation

 Commerical air travel
 A-21.J.48.c. - 5/8/96 recompilation

The URL for this glossary =

 http://engineer.tamu.edu/tees/trs/OMB/ombdefin.html

Jean N. Humphries
Director, Research Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station
Texas A&M University System

006 Wisenbaker Engineering Research Center - MS 3406
College Station TX 77843-3406

Phone:    (409) 845-1264
Fax:      (409) 845-9643
Email:    xxxxxx@tamu.edu