Re: Airborne Express Mail Mary Husemoller 03 Oct 1996 12:04 EST

 Because of some rules we have here at the Univ. of NV I don't use
 Airborne here but when I was at New Mexico State University we used
 them and were very pleased.  They always picked up mail from our
 office on time and always delivered on time.  We never had a problem.
 A couple of times the recipient said they didn't receive something and
 Airborne tracked it down immediately and found the person who had
 signed for it.  We used them for years and were very pleased, and, as
 you said, they were cheaper than Fed Ex.

 Mary Husemoller
 Director, Sponsored Projects Admin.
 University of Nevada, Reno

Subject: Airborne Express Mail
Author:  Research Administration Discussion Group
<xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> at smtplink-unscs
Date:    10/2/96 4:14 PM

The Sponsored programs Division within the Office of Research
Services at SUNY Stony Brook is looking into switching express mail
carriers.  We currently use Federal Express.  Our campus is offering
us the services of Airbone Express Mail at a cheaper rate.  If you
have ever used this carrier for overnight delivery, please take a
moment and respond to some brief questions/concerns we have.  We are
under "deadline" in making our decision.  So, if you could give us your
insight before the end of the week, it would be greatly appreciated.

1)  What experience (good or bad) have you had with this carrier?

2) Have you experienced any problems with timely delivery of
proposals, contracts, or other time sensitive materials?

3)  Do you have a regular scheduled pick up in your office?  If yes,
is the pick up made at the correct time?

Please respond directly to:  xxxxxx@ors.ors.sunysb.edu

Thank you for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Esther McCauley