Re: Policy or Procedure Regarding Placement of an Antenna Chris Syphers 11 Sep 1996 08:14 EST

At 05:44 PM 9/10/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a policy or procedure regarding placement of an antenna or
>transmit/receiving dish on their campus?
>
>We have had a moritorium imposed until we develop one and receive general
>acceptance by the campus community. We have everything from 24 inch microwave
>dishes to a 30 meter receiving dish. Does your campus have a process to go
>through before each one is funded or about to put up, or are approvals given
>for zones in advance?
>
>Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
>Please respond to xxxxxx@orca.alaska.edu
>John Dickinson
>Assistant to the Vice President for Finance
>University of Alaska
>907-474-7448
>fax 907-474-5140

Our staff manual states:

"Roofs of buildings and exterior sides of buildings are not intended for
general uses. No rooftop research or classroom uses are permitted and no
machinery, equipment, antannae, greenhouses, or other property may be
installed on any roofs or roof edges without the written permission of the
Director of the Physical Plant."

So, you can't do it. Of course, if physical plant says you can, well....

Double speak lives on. (8-}=

Chris
Chris W. Syphers                 Phone: 501-575-3845
Office of                          Fax: 501-575-3846
Research & Sponsored Programs   E-mail: xxxxxx@comp.uark.edu
120 Ozark Hall                     WWW: http://www.uark.edu/admin/rsspinfo/
Fayetteville, AR 72701