Re: Budget training Thomas Charlton 15 Aug 1996 15:09 EST

 RE>Budget training                           8/15/96

I highly recommend the regional workshops sponsored by the National Council
for Research Administration.  Info is available from the NCURA office in D.C.
 Thomas L. Charlton
 Vice Provost for Research
 Baylor University
 xxxxxx@Baylor.edu

--------------------------------------
Date: 8/14/96 4:50 PM
To: Thomas Charlton
From: Research Administration Discus
I am seeking to strengthen my skills in budgeting and post-award
administration.
Can anyone suggest workshops, video, on-line courses, or particular classes
to take (either undergraduate or graduate) that would give me an elemental
accounting/numerical foundation on which to build. I have attended NCURA's
"Fundamentals of Sponsored Programs" and found it practically useless.
Our post-award operation is floundering, and since this is a one-man shop, I
need to grab the bull by the...."horns", shall we say. Thanks in advance for
any suggestions.\

Sincerely,
Martha Spalding
Coordinator, OSP