Re: IRIS Givens Jackie (sponprog) 06 Aug 1996 08:32 EST

Howard . . . . I was told that Dr. Rugg, our Academic VP,  was going to
respond to you directly about our decision to try IRIS out on a trial basis,
but I also knew you were "tuned" in to the LISTSERV and would see my
response, as well.    I apologize if the first did not occur.    Aaron
Trehub  informed me that we could join the consortium at any time, on a
prorated basis, and recommended the trial route.   One of my primary
concerns at this point, is that this subscription would have to come out of
my current budget.  And that's a problem.  It had not been factored into FY
96 budget.  I would appreciate knowing if you do get the consortium going,
however,  . . .  it may be that we would like to join, at a later date.  A
"consortium arrangement"  would be the only way we could conceivably afford
the service.  Appreciate your efforts to get things moving in this
direction.  Jackie

At 12:00 PM 8/1/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:03 AM 7/31/96 EDT, you wrote:
>
>JACKIE -
>
>THANKS FOR "COPYING" ME ON THE RESULTS OF YOUR IRIS SURVEY.  I ASSUME THAT
>YOUR "TRIAL" SUBSCRIPTION IS BEING WORKED OUT DIRECTLY WITH IRIS AND THAT
>YOU WON'T NEED TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR BUDDING CONSORTIUM.  LET ME KNOW IF
>I'VE MISSED ANYTHING.
>
>REGARDS,
>HOWIE

Jacqueline Givens