Re: CAS Disclosure Statement Criteria Mary Watson 12 Jul 1996 11:25 EST

I count it based on how the award is given.  If the award is for three years and
 the full amount is funded up front then I count it in the year it was granted -
 and only in that year.  If the award is a three year grant but only the first
 year is funded and the next two are based on continuation funding and future
 congressional action (or some such) then it is counted each year in which the
 funding continues - for the amount in that year.  Of course, we are small
 enough as yet that the CAS Disclosure Statement does not apply so I have not
 worried a great deal about this.

M. H. Watson
>When determining whether your Federal award total has reached $25M and,
>therefore, if a CAS Disclosure Statement should be developed, what "award
>value" do you include in your total? For instance, if you receive a Federal
>three-year award for $3M to be incrementally funded at $1M/year over the
>three years, do you count the $3M as an award in the year the contract/grant
>begins and nothing for the next two years or do you count a $1M award each
>year for the three funded years of the grant? I've received different
>answers so why not solicit a few more! Thanks.
>Valerie Seaquist
>Assistant Research Administrator
>   for Special Projects
>Office of Research Administration

Mary H. Watson, Ph.D                                Phone: 912-333-7837
Director, Grants and Contracts                       Fax:  912-245-3831
Valdosta State University                            Co-Owner, Grants-L
Valdosta   GA   31698