Where do foundations fall at your institution? -Reply Beth Seaton 10 Jul 1996 10:15 EST

At Western Illinois University we have a system much like Charna's.
 It works well for us too.

 Beth Seaton
 Sponsored Projects Administrator
 Western Illinois University
 Macomb, Illinois 61455
 309-298-1191
 xxxxxx@ccmail.wiu.edu
Nancy,

Here at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro we have a rather
informal (undocumented) working relationship with our Advancement
Office.  Depending upon who the faculty member speaks to first, we both
seach for private sponsors.  They keep us informed of sponsors with
whom they are currently working or planning to work.  In turn we direct
faculty interested in those sponsors or in need of a "gift" to the
Advancement Office.  The Advancement Office routes proposals that are
project oriented through us.

Clear as mud, but it seems to work.

Charna K. Howson
Assistant Director
Office of Research Services
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
xxxxxx@fagan.uncg.edu
910/334-5878
fax: 910/334-3140

Date:         Tue, 9 Jul 1996 12:50:00 -0500