Re: Salary escalation & indirect rate on subcontracts Janet M Hahn 05 Apr 1996 07:54 EST

Valerie,
You are fortunate.  Institutions with a smaller amount of federal
grants are given an indirect cost rate based on salaries and
wages.  This means that no matter how many subcontracts of
whatever size we have, we get no extra money for it.

We are a state university and I base salary increase estimates on
what Governor and/or state legislators have been talking about
proposing or on what the increase has been (in the absence of new
info from the capitol.

Good luck,
Janet M. Hahn
Director, Research & Sponsored Programs
Radford University
xxxxxx@runet.edu

> I'm looking for input on two subjects:
>
> 1. What is the basis of other universities' calculation of
salary escalation
> rates for multi-year proposals? What office on campus is
responsible for
> determining the rate?
>
> 2. Our negotiated indirect rate agreement provides full
indirect on the
> first $25K of a subcontract. If the subcontract is multi-year
and
> multi-million, this is still the case. I've been lead to
believe that this