Research Foundations -Reply Fred Mesler 23 Feb 1996 15:02 EST

Norm -
 The full title is University-Connected Research
Foundations.  The authors were Daniels, Martin,
Eisenberg, Lewallen and Wright, and it was
copyrighted in 1977 by the University of Oklahoma.

Fred Mesler

>>> Research Administration Discussion Group
 <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us> 02/22/96
07:58am >>>
 To: IN21437 --POST

 *** Reply to note of 02/21/96 22:24
 From: Norm Meeks
 Subject: Research Foundations

 There is a somewhat dated book published in, I
believe, in the 70's by the
 University of Oaklahoma Press entitled University
Affiliated Foundations.  It
 was authored by Wright, Lewellen, et al.  It gave a
very good description of mo
 st of the foundations in existence at the time,
reasons for the foundations,
 benefits and disadvantages of foundations, etc.
Given the age of this publicat
 ion, I would use it only for a starting point but a
good starting point.  If
 you have trouble locating it, let me know and I may
be able to get numbers, etc

 Norm Meeks
 Mayo Foundation
 507-266-4884