FYI: Executive Order 12989 Terry A. May 20 Feb 1996 13:24 EST

 The following message was forwarded to me on the 14th.  I have not
read the order but assume it relates to only hiring related to Federal
procurement (not for general violations in hiring practices using other
sources of funding).  I also assume this could also follow with persons
hired on grants.  It was published in the FR on the 15th:

"Presidential Documents
EXECUTIVE ORDERS
Government agencies and employees:
 Immigration and Naturalization Act provisions compliance in
 Government procurement (EO 12989), 6091-6093"

>       President Clinton just signed Executive Order 12989, which
>subjects federal contractors to potential debarment if they employ
>undocumented aliens.  Has anyone given any thought to the implications
>of the Executive Order for colleges and universities that receive federal
>contracts?
>
>Larry White
>University Counsel
>Georgetown University
>(202) 687-6500 (Telephone)
>(202) 687-6527 (Fax)
>xxxxxx@GUNET.GEORGETOWN.EDU (Internet)

Terry A. May, Ph.D.                       Voice:    520-523-6788
  Director of Research Administration     FAX:      520-523-1075
  Office of Grant & Contract Services     INTERNET: xxxxxx@nau.edu
  100 Babbitt Admin. Ctr., Box 4130
  Northern Arizona University
  Flagstaff, AZ  86011-4130