Re: Change in NIH Rebudeting Policy for Project Grants? Beyea, Donna L. 26 Jan 1996 08:08 EST

We found it published in the NIH Guide, Volume 24, Number 38, October 27,
1995 which explained the Streamlined Noncompeting Award Process (SNAP).  See
the third paragraph under the section entitled SNAP INSTRUCTIONS.
 ----------
From: Research Administration Discussion Group
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Change in NIH Rebudeting Policy for Project Grants?
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 1996 9:29AM

The January 15 issue of Grants Administration News carries an item  that I
would like to verify, if anyone knows anything about it.  The item reads
as follows:

 "NIH has changed the definition of significant planned rebudgeting
 of project funds which grantees must report.  Rebudgeting now refers
 to a one-time single action that would amount to 25% of the total
 amount awarded or $250,00 [if that is a typo it is NOT mine],
 whichever is less.  NIH previously required researchers to total
 accumulated changes."

Can anyone verify that this is correct?  If so, where was this change
published - I cannot believe that we missed it.

Doug Wilkerson, Ph.D.           VOICE:  (419) 381-4252
Assoc. V.P. for Research        FAX:    (419) 381-4262
Professor of Pharmacology       e-mail: xxxxxx@GEMINI.MCO.EDU
Medical College of Ohio
3000 Arlington Ave.
Toledo, OH 43614