Re: Faculty Research Recognition Mary Watson 12 Jan 1996 11:23 EST

I hold a Grantwriters Recognition Luncheon for all grantwriters twice a year
(we're on the quarter system so end of fall and spring quarters are the
times) and at that luncheon recognize funded grantees with green ribbons
(green for cash).  Each grantee has the opportunity to be personally
recognized, stand and speak a bit about his/her award/project.  The
President and the Vice Presidents and Deans are all invited and most attend
each luncheon.  It is surprisingly appreciated by all concerned.

Mary H. Watson

 >We are looking for nonmonetary ways to encourage and to recognize
>faculty efforts on sponsored research.
>
>We are considering a recognition dinner and a researcher of the year
>award.
>
>I would appreciate other suggestions and/or hearing about your
>experiences in this area.
>
>Please respond directly to me.  Thanks.
>
>xxxxxx@alston.cba.ua.edu

Mary H. Watson, Ph.D                                Phone: 912-333-7837
Director, Grants and Contracts                       Fax:  912-245-3831
Valdosta State University                            Co-Owner, Grants-L
Valdosta   GA   31698