Re: faculty research profile software Patricia Gregory 10 Jan 1996 09:39 EST

Almost any database program would work. You define the "fields" that will
contain whatever information you want to collect. We use FileMaker Pro.

Once a year we publish a hard copy catalog of about 700 faculty research
profiles. We also put it on the Web, so our faculty (and anyone outside the
university) can search the profiles by key word, subject or investigator.
If you are interested, the address of our site is:

http://ibc.wustl.edu:80/res_collab/

The Community of Science is another great resource for faculty research
profiles from many of the major research universities. They'll do it for
you for a fee of $6000 per year.

>I was wondering if anyone could suggest some user friendly software to use in
>putting faculty/staff research profiles into a database for easy access.
>Any ideas are appreciated.
>
>Paul Benson
>University of Massachusetts, Boston

Patricia Gregory, Ph.D.
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Campus Box 8509
4444 Forest Park Boulevard
St. Louis, MO  63108
(314)286-0021  FAX (314)286-0066  Email: xxxxxx@ibc.WUStL.edu