Re: Orynx Grants Collection Barbara Gray 08 Jan 1996 14:43 EST

I just started using the KR Information OnDisc and like it.  It includes all
of the sources from the Directories of Research Grants, Biomedical Research
Grants, and Grants in the Humanities.  The thing I like is that you can
tailor your search, similar to the way you tailor a search on SPIN or IRIS.
This saves a lot of time reading through the paper directory, and for this
reason, as I am a one-person office, it is worth the money to me.  P.S.  It
is very user friendly.  I have been using it for a couple of months and
haven't yet had to read anything in the manual.

>I was wondering if anyone out there has tried their KR Information OnDisc
Grants
>Data Base.  Is it worth the $850?  How user freindly is it?  Do you have
>suggestions for other sources offering similar (Directory of Research
>Grants) info?
>
>Live long and prosper.   >:-I
>
>Nancy Kay Peterson
>Director of Grants
>Somsen Hall, Room 202-C
>Winona State University
>Winona, MN  55987
>Phone:  507/457-5519
>FAX:    507/457-5586
>e-mail: xxxxxx@VAX2.winona.msus.edu

Barbara H. Gray                           Telephone:  803-953-5673
Director of Sponsored Programs            FAX:        803-953-1434
University of Charleston, SC              e-mail:     xxxxxx@cofc.edu
Charleston, South Carolina  29424