Submission of Proposals During the NSF Shutdown Lou Pellegrino 18 Dec 1995 12:31 EST

Jean Feldman in the NSF Policy Office has asked me to re-post the
following message to the RESADM-LIST.

Lou Pellegrino
Purdue Research Foundation

Date:          Mon, 18 Dec 1995 12:26:08 -0500
From:          xxxxxx@nsf.gov
To:            Multiple recipients of list <xxxxxx@nsf.gov>
Subject:       Submission of Proposals During the NSF Shutdown

 The following information is provided in response to numerous phone
 calls and e-mail inquiries regarding whether or not the NSF mailroom
 will be open during the NSF shutdown.

 NSF is planning to receive and store proposals during the shutdown
 period in the mailroom area.  Proposals will be stored in mail carts
 identified by date of receipt.  Proposals will be logged into the
 proposal system with the actual date of receipt once we return to
 normal operations.

 Jean Feldman
 National Science Foundation
 Division of Contracts, Policy & Oversight
 Policy Office