Re: Developing sponsored research policies Ann R. Stevens 11 Dec 1995 14:08 EST

Likewise, check out Emory Office of Sponsored Programs home page. We
have all of our research policies listed there (can be downloaded).

Address: http://www.emory.edu/OSP.osp.html ( the first OSP must be in
caps) Good luck!

 <xxxxxx@health.state.ny.us>

> CHECK OUT THE WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY GRANTS OFFICE HOME PAGE.
> THE URL IS http://www.winona.msus.edu/Grants/home.htm
> You'll find WSU grants regs, human subjects and animal subjects policies,
> and Conflict of Interest regs (as well as a bunch of other stuff).
> If you have any questions, e-mail to me via the Grants pages or call me at
> 507/457-5519.
>

> >I am a new member of the research administration discussion group and a
> >new research administration (Vice Provost for Sponsored Projects).  One
> >of my tasks is to begin to put in place a whole range of policies concerning
> >sponsored projects.  I am writing to ask group members to send me policies
> >they have in place at their institutions or information on how to access
> >these policies via a Home Page).  The issues that need to get resolved
> >at my university are many, but include:
> >        PI eligibility/responsibilities
> >        Indirect cost (we are a "short form" institution currently)
> >        Cost sharing
> >        Faculty/staff compensation on sponsored projects
> >        Submission/review of proposals
> >        Ownership/retention of data
> >        Gift verus sponsored project (this is a biggie in that we have a
> >           large, aggressive Development Office that doesn't see the need
> >           for these "bureaucratic" distinctions)
> >        Allowability of expenditures on sponsored projects accounts
> >        Cost transfers involving sponsored projects accounts
> >        Handling of cash deficits related to sponsored project accounts
> >        Pre-establishment/loan accounts (the loaning of funds to PIs
> >            prior to the actual arrival of funds on an approved project)
> >As you see, I have a lot of issues to deal with.  I am planning to use a
> >faculty/staff research council to help develop policy.  I would be interested
> >in experiences list members have had with this mechanism, both good and bad.
> >
> >The mailing address is: Paul Benson, Vice Provost for Sponsored Projects &
> >Public Service, Office of Graduate Studies, University of Massachusetts,
> >100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston MA 02125.  Phone: (617)287-5715.  Please don't
> >feel timid sending me anything you have.  I can use all the help I can
> >get.  Thanks.

> Live long and prosper.   >:-I
>
> Nancy Kay Peterson
> Director of Grants