Re: Community of Science Jo Meyertons 18 Oct 1995 08:07 EST

We are in the process of assessing its usefullness now.  So far we have
not made a decision, but so far the main value seems to be in its
packaging service.  That is, we could obtain most of the info Community
of Science provides ourselves since it is linked to already existing
public gophers, but the way Community of Science provides this
information, via its own database/forms mechanism, could be attractive.
One problem we've noticed is that they have been slow to remove old data -
any University of Maryland at College Park info you might see is X years
old (we've been told they are working on this problem).  If you want more
information, their WWW address is:

http://cos.gdb.org

Their phone number is 410/563-5380.

Jo Meyertons