Email list hosting service & mailing list manager

Re: University support for faculty and students P. Scott Morris 15 Oct 1995 19:43 EST


Institutional support of research travel at the University of Illinois is
provided by the Graduate College,  Interernational Programs, and the
individual departments.

Usually the Graduate College and IP funding is requested with a letter
indicating the purpose and importance of the travel.  The level of funding
provided is decided on each individual request, and usually requires some
matching support by the department.

The Department of Nuclear Engineering provides $800 annually to each faculty
member, and $400 to other Academic Professionals to support convention travel.

Scott Morris
University of Illinois
Department of Nuclear Engineering
211 Nuclear Engineering Laboratory
103 South Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 244-4949 phone
(217) 333-2906 fax
e-mail:  psmorris

>I am trying to gatherinformation on how much support is provided by your
>institution toward faculty and student research.  At Bowling Green, we have
>the following programs:
>1)      Faculty Research Travel: faculty membes giving a presentation at a
>national conference receive $350 toward related expenses.
>2)      Graduate Student Research Support: students receive funds to offset
>their research expenses - $350 at PhD and $150 at Master's level.
>3)      Graduate Travel: $50 for attendance at meeting, $100 for presenting
>at a meeting.
>Please note that this is what the Graduate College provides and does not
>include any deprtmental support.
>Thanks in advance for your help and I will provide a summary once everyone
>has responded. Thanks so much and please respond to me directly.
>Anthony M. Boccanfuso, Ph.D.
>Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
>Bowling Green State University
>Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
>419-372-2481; 419-372-0304 (fax)