Re: NSF GPM 95-27 or 95-26? Jean Humphries 12 Oct 1995 08:15 EST

>This may seem picky, but it's a little confusing and I would like to know
>if I'm the only one to receive this and what it means.
>
>This week I received a copy of the new NSF Grant Policy Manual dated
>July, 1995.  It's numbered NSF 95-26 Replaces NSF 88-47.  The problem is
>that I received a copy of (as far as I can determine) the SAME document
>numbered NSF 95-27 Replaces NSF 88-47, dated July 1995, about a month or
>two ago!  The only difference I can find on cursory examination is the
>difference in number and a slight variation in the color of the cover
>(second is lighter).  The numbers are in that order: 95-27 was received
>before 95-26.  Curious.
>
>Was there an error that NSF was correcting without mentioning in the
>cover instructions?  Did anyone else get two (differently numbered)
>copies?  Which should I "disseminate"?
>
>Peggy
>*****
>
>Peggy F. Harrel, Ph.D.
>Acting Director of Graduate Studies and
>Coordinator of Grants and Sponsored Research
>University of Southern Indiana/8600 University Boulevard/Evansville, IN
>47712
>voice: 812-465-7016 fax: 812-464-1956 Internet: xxxxxx@smtp.usi.edu
Peggy -

 The NSF 95-26 is the correct number.  The NSF 95-27 on the GPM was
a mis-print.  NSF 95-27 is the new GPG.

 I'm basing this on an email I rec'd from the NSF Policy Office.  I
contacted NSF when the GPO would not let me subscribe to the GPM.  The GPO
said publication would be delayed because there were some mistakes in the
document that NSF was correcting.  The NSF Policy Office subsequently said
the minor corrections had been made and copies were ready.  I called GPO
back and was able to order.  I'm guessing that this was one of the
corrections.

 Jean H.

Jean N. Humphries
Director, Research Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station
Texas A&M University System

006 Wisenbaker Engineering Research Center - MS 3406
College Station TX 77843-3406

Phone:    (409) 845-1264
Fax:      (409) 845-9643
Email:    xxxxxx@tamu.edu