Re: Foreign Air Carrier Tom Eagan 06 Oct 1995 14:08 EST

Excerpts from mail: 6-Oct-95 Foreign Air Carrier by Darrell xxxxxx@FDN.CAL
> We have a PI that purchased a non-refundable non US Flag Air Carrier ticket
> to Europe.  Upon return he is requesting reimbursement (federal project
> travel).  Although Fed regs prohibit such travel, except in certain
> circumstances which do no apply in this case, I am curious if anyone has
> ever pursued a waiver under similar circumstances.  Responses to
> xxxxxx@fdn.calpoly.edu would be appreciated.

We recently had a very similar instance at Carnegie Mellon.  We
requested post approval from our ONR Admin Contracting Officer and our
request was politely denied.

Tom Eagan
Office of Sponsored Research
Carnegie Mellon University