Re: Indirect Costs Use Richard Moore 06 Oct 1995 11:57 EST

Nancy Kay Peterson asks:

>We would like to use some of our indirect cost funds to pay for on-campus
>training of administrators and faculty in the team approach to management.
>The training would not be related to any particular grant project.  As I
>read A-21, this should be an allowable cost.  Can anybody out there confirm
>my conclusion?

Indirect costs represent expenditures already made by your
institution for which you are being reimbursed.  You can then spend
those funds anyway that is allowable by your institution.  What A-21
is referring to is the inclusion of allowable staff training expenses
in the indirect cost pool - thus making these expenditures eligible
for reimbursement (assuming you are a long form institution).

 Richard H. Moore
 Assistant Vice President for Grants and Sponsored Research
 and Professor of Biology

Coastal Carolina University                E-MAIL: xxxxxx@coastal.edu
P.O. Box 1954                              VOICE: (803) 349-2050
Conway SC 29526                            FAX: (803) 349-2990