Re: RESADM-L Digest - 31 Jul 1995 to 1 Aug 1995 Anne Der Hagopian 02 Aug 1995 15:00 EST

Dear Eric:
I spent much time developing and fine tuning a data base which we use to
track application and award information at Boston University Medical
Campus. It has been an invaluable tool for the Office of Sponsored
Programs as well as for the areas we serve as we can produce ad hoc
reports on short notice as well as standardized reports monthly, quarterly,
annually etc.
The time and effort spent in developing this kind of system can be quite
extensive though, and you may want to look into a ready made system before
you start investing your time. I will be glad to send you information as to
how I approached my database development and copies of some of my
"layouts" which reflects the most needed information fields.  We are in
the process of evaluating the database at this time and thinking of
changing it for a ready made system which incorporates the current as
well as future needs.

Anne Der Hagopian, CRA
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Boston University Medical Campus