Re: NIH Awards Violet E. Horvath 12 Jul 1995 16:28 EST

Unfortunately, we at Washington University are seeing deeper and deeper cuts
in our NIH funding.  We used to be mortified when a grant was cut 13% - now
those days seem like the good old days.  Many institutes are having to
decide whether to fund fewer projects at more dollars, or more projects at
fewer dollars.  Quite a few of them are deciding upon the latter.  PIs are
having to do revised scopes of work because they can't possibly meet all
their proposed goals with such large funding cuts.

Violet E. Horvath
Grants Administrator
Washington University
xxxxxx@medicine.wustl.edu