Re: Honorarium and Stipend Definitions anthony boccanfuso 07 Jul 1995 06:11 EST

The use of "independent contractors" can be a tricky one;  The IRS has
established a litmus test to determine whether or not someone is an
"employee" or an independent contractor.  I woudl imagine that the IRS
would frown upon Honoraria or stipends being provided as a way to avoid
the employee designation.
I would encourage you to be VERY careful here.

Tony B

Anthony M. Boccanfuso, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
106 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
419-372-2481