Re: Hit rates for Funding Bulletins Violet E. Horvath 22 Jun 1995 12:21 EST

Since you are concerned with regard to time and money spent on paper
bulletins, I would suggest considering disseminating this information via
e-mail.  With most e-mail packages, sending messages to masses of people is
a quick, easy task, as is editing the mailing lists.  Here at Washington
University, just about everyone has access to e-mail (and hopefully this is
true at most institutions), although many do not have gopher and/or Internet
access via a browser.  (Some do not even have PC's - just dumb terminals.)

If you decide to go with e-mail, I would also suggest sending the
information to administrators and secretaries, since many of them are the
ones who sort through what is sent to PIs.

Violet E. Horvath
xxxxxx@medicine.wustl.edu