Re: Material Transfer Agreements Sandra Mann 21 Jun 1995 06:32 EST

>I'm looking for a policy on material transfer agreements from for-profit
>companies.  Each one seems to be a little different and all want rights to
>everything.  Has anyone developed either an institutional policy for dealing
>with MTA's or at least a position paper that they would share with me?
>
>Many thanks in advance.  You can see my desperation over this topic--I've
>posted this request to both techno-l and resadm-l.  On second thought, maybe
>it's more appropriate for the humor list...
>
>Jane Youngers
>Office of Research and Project Administration
>University of Rochester
>xxxxxx@orpa.rochester.edu

Dear Jane,

NIH has "standardized"  MTA agreement format which would be helpful.
Generally material on a material transfer agreement is being given to
another entity for research or specific purposes and the giver has IP to
protect.  However, on a case by case basis, you would need to examine what
is being developed. Everything is negotiable.

Sandy Mann
Sandra Mann, MPA  xxxxxx@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu
Assistant Director, University Research
University of Florida