Re: Employees receiving subject stipends Mary Spijkerman 31 May 1995 08:17 EST

>We have some employees who participate as a subject in some grants and are
>paid the subject stipend when they participate.  These individuals are
>employees (receive a salary and full benefits) and getting paid as a
>subject on company time.  Isn't this like "double dipping"?
>
>Your input would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Domenica

>Domenica G. Pappas
>Administrative Supervisor
>Sensory Motor Performance Program
>Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
>345 E. Superior Street, Suite 1406
>Chicago, IL  60611
>e-mail: xxxxxx@casbah.acns.nwu.edu
>voice:          (312)  908-1265
>fax:      (312)  908-2208
As at most major medical centers, many of our employees participate as
subjects in research projects.  This takes place out of work hours or
vacation or comp time is charged if it occurs during the work week and only
with the supervisors permission.  All stipends are subject to reporting to
the IRS.

Mary Spijkerman
Director of Sponsored Programs
Baylor Research Institute