Re: Payment for services Cathy Weber 18 May 1995 10:45 EST

Greetings from Wichita State University!  To answer your question regarding
the outside agency wishing to reimburse the TRIO program for the employee's
services, I would say NO if it where asked.  The agency should pay the
employee directly.

Cat Weber
Wichita State University
Research Administration
xxxxxx@lumph.niar.twsu.edu

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

>A questions has come up here that I am not sure how to deal with.
>
>An independent youth service agency wishes to pay for the services of
>a full-time employee on one of our TRIO grants for approximately 10
>hours/week.  Instead of paying the employee directly, they wish to
>reimburse us for her services.  I don't like the sound of it and I am
>wondering if anyone else has dealt with a similar situation.  I would like
>the benefit of some of your thoughts before I take it up with anyone on
>campus.
>
>Pam Fillmore
>Emporia State University
>Research and Grants Center