Institutional Tracking of Invest Evelyn Ford 20 Apr 1995 05:56 EST

I track the effort of all personnel (investigators both paid and unpaid
and all staff) on all funded and proposed projects.  In "Other Support"
we indicate what we will do in each and every instance that there would
be an overlap when effort exceeds 100% for ANY funded month.  Sometimes
this can be a very simple explanation.

I would never discourage an investigator from submitting an application
as long as the combination of his funded effort plus the application
being submitted did not exceed 100%.  Anything pending review that has
NOT been funded is not money in the bank -- one only needs to explain
what will happen IF all that money comes rolling in.  I'm sure there are
situations which need to be decided on a case-by-case basis, but these
rules have worked well for us.

Evelyn J. Ford, Research Administrative Manager
ASRI Neurosciences Research Center, Allegheny Campus
Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann University
Pittsburgh PA 15212  U.S.A.
412.359.4499 FAX
412.359/4475 voice
xxxxxx@singer.asri.edu