Re: Institutional Tracking of Invest Paul Riofski 19 Apr 1995 15:35 EST

Most agencies require investigators to list all effort, active and
pending, and to provide an explanation of how any overlap will be
resolved (financial or scientific), e.g., through reduction of effort,
should all be funded.  Breakdown of total effort should be seriously
considered by the PI each time plans are made to undertake a new
project.  In our grant review process, we check the other support pages
to make sure that effort does not exceed 100% (unless there is an
explanation of how effort will be readjusted should all pending proposals
be funded).