Re: Federal Register online Len Paplauskas 12 Apr 1995 07:10 EST

Ellen Birnbaum writes:

>Does anyone know whether online access to the full text of the Federal
>Register is available free of charge?  I was told that access is available
>via the House of Representatives gopher, but I haven't succeeded in locating
>it.  Any information about this or other such avenues will be much appreciated.

Don't know about a free Fed Reg, but the CFR is available free at:

http://www.pls.com:8001/his/cfr.html

Takes a little getting used to their search and retrieval routine.  I was
looking for the CFR citation for misconduct in science regs, so I typed in
"misconduct" got a bunch of stuff back that included the toc page for the
relevant regs.  Then I had to type in the "42 CFR Sec. xxx" for each section
of the reg.  A bit cumbersome, but workable.

Len