(no subject) Anita Quinn 06 Mar 1995 08:38 EST

I'm in the process of working with the Advancement office in defining how to
channel proposal made to private foundations that may require a report back,
or is tagged for specific research, or equipment grants. Let me give a few

Currently NSF equipment grants are coming through the Sponsored Research
Office, however equipment grants from a foundation are going through the
advancement office.

another example

If a Foundation grants money to the University for work on a certain
research project and would like a report back at the end of the project.

How are you channeling these proposals?
How are they classified in accounting, does finance reflect the overhead
that is being shared by the university (as they might reflect for federal
projects that don't pay full overhead).
How are these being counted in Advancement and the Office of Sponsored
Programs (any double counting with footnotes).

Thanks in Advance
Anita Quinn
Director of Research Services
phone (906) 487-2225
fax (906) 487-2245
e-mail xxxxxx@mtu.edu
Anita Quinn
Director of Research Services