Re: Thompson Pub/Grants Handboo Arnie Aronoff 20 Feb 1995 12:53 EST

Our office at the University of Chicago is a subscriber to the Federal
Grants Management Handbook.  We circulate the monthly updates around the
office and subscribe to some (though not all) of the agency chapters.  I
concur with others:  the information contained can be found elsewhere.
However, it is very nice that it gathers it together in one place and when
you need it, it is there.  I find the organization charts of the agencies
very good too.  It is expensive but I think that Thompson does a pretty
good job updating.

Arnie Aronoff
Research Administration
Univ. of Chicago

>                       Subject:                               Time:11:19 AM
>  OFFICE MEMO          Thompson Pub/Grants Handbook           Date:2/9/95
>
>I have been inundated recently with print and telephone advertising for the
>Thompson Publishing Group's publication "Federal Grants Management Handbook."
>Have any of you seen this and, if so, what do you think?  Is it worth the
>price?  I'm also curious about their other publication "Single Audit
>Information Service."  I'm tempted to order a trial copy, but would like to
>hear comments/feedback before committing myself.  Thanks.
>Sally Tremaine, Yale University Grant and Contract Administration
>xxxxxx@qm.yale.edu
Arnie Aronoff
University Research Administration
(312) 702-9262