Re: Minimum Postdoc Salary Naegel, Gary P. 13 Jan 1995 10:11 EST

While our  minimum posted salary for postdoctoral associates has typically
followed the NIH Guidelines, it is not unusual for faculty to start a new
postdoc above the NIH minimums.   Research technicians are bargaining unit
employees and have their  minimums set by the current contract.  Research
Associates have minimums administered by our Department of Human Resources,
along with other staff in professional and management positions.

Gary P. Naegel
Administrator, Pharmacology
Yale School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street PO Box 208066
New Haven, CT  06520-8066
(203) 785-4373
xxxxxx@Yale.edu
 ----------
From: RESADM-L
To: Multiple recipients of list RESADM-L
Subject: Minimum Postdoc Salary
Date: Friday, January 13, 1995 10:07AM

I am interested knowing if any institutions have established policies
for minimum postdoc salaries. If so, what are your minimum salaries,
and were they based on internal decisions, or external information
(any agency guidelines, etc.)? Do you have minimum salaries for other
positions (i.e. research technicians)?

Suzanne Liberty
Dean of the Graduate School
Director of Research