SPIN Gopher, State rates Michael Ludwick 28 Nov 1994 11:57 EST

I sent the following message to some research administrators in my
state.  You may want to do something similar in your state.  FYI, I
have no interest in SPIN, I am only doing this to save you and us some
money.

Mike

From:           Self <GRANTS/MIKE>
To:             @C:\EMAIL\BOX\VARESADM.PML
Subject:        SPIN Gopher, State rates
Date sent:      Mon, 28 Nov 1994 11:18:11

Hello.  I enjoyed seeing and meeting many of you at the recent
NCURA national meeting and state SRA meeting in Charlottesville.  I
look forward to seeing you again at such gatherings.

I am writing this message because I know that many of you are
interested in SPIN Gopher offered by InfoEd, Inc., which allows
electronic grant searches to be conducted by anyone on your campus
who can connect to your gopher.  We are very interested in SPIN
Gopher and are also considering subscribing to SPIN Micro as well.
According to the people I have spoken to at InfoEd, if at least 8
institutions in the state subscribe to SPIN Gopher they will give us
SPIN Gopher for $1250 rather than $2500 per year.  In addition, if we
can get 8 institutions (including those who already subscribe) to
subscribe to SPIN Micro or On-line, these services will also be 50%
off.  And these prices continue into the future; it's not a one shot
deal.  Sounds like a great deal if we can pull it off.

Let me know if you are interested or want more information.  We
need to have at least 8 institutions lined up by January 15.  I'm
trying to coordinate this to make sure we get at least the eight
institutions needed to get the state-wide 50% rate.  This message is
being sent to those for whom I have email addresses.  I know that
there are others interested as well, and if you know of anyone
else interested please have them contact me.

If I have sent this to you in error, or if this message should more
appropriately have gone to someone else, please forward the
message to the proper person and let me know you are doing so.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Mike

 {=>
 Michael Ludwick                                    / \
 Associate Director of Sponsored Programs ___  __   |o|   __  ___
 Grants and Research Administration    ___| |__||___| |___||__| |___
 College of William and Mary          /                             \
 P.O. Box 8795                       /   # # # # #  /o\  # # # # #   \
 Williamsburg, VA  23187-8795        |   # # # # # / # \ # # # # #   |
 email: xxxxxx@grants.wm.edu           |   # # # # # |===| # # # # #   |
 phone: 804/221-3485                 |             | H |             |