Renaming indirect cost Joe Walker 04 Nov 1994 12:24 EST

 I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

 Date:     04-Nov-1994 12:13pm EST
 From:     Joe Walker
 JWALKER
 Dept:     Sponsored Funds Administration
 Tel No:

TO:  Remote RSCS/NJE Network User         ( _JNET%xxxxxx@ALBNYDH2.BITNET )

Subject: Renaming indirect cost

Hello folks!

 Renaming indirect costs might change the preception of indirect cost.
But using the word administrative cost, in my mind, does not change the
perception. How about Facilities and Operations Cost? I am sure we can come
up with many that "might" change the perception.

 We try to package the IDC as the cost for professional services. Part
of the team concept, getting accounting services, purchasing services, payroll
services, etc. We stress that we are part of the research "team".

 That is a good point regarding indirect cost distribution. I wonder
how many PI's have thought about that point.

Joe Walker
The Research Foundation of SUNY
Binghamton University
PO Box 6000