Re: BRDC Margarita Ham 07 Oct 1994 10:24 EST

I had one of these grants a couple years ago.  From the PI perspective,
not much comprehension or willingness to fund projects at required levels.
For my multiple year grant, BRDC made drastic cuts from year to year without
sufficient notification to the PI.  EXTREMELY restrictive rebudget
guidelines (must obtain permission for rebudgets between categories which
involve $500 or 10% or whichever is greater).

BRDC will also change the dates of your project without much warning.

I don't remember any protracted negotiations on intellectual property
issues.

Good luck!  I hope that the BRDC administration is better these days.

Margarita Ham
Beckman Institute