Re: Relocation expenses on NRSA - Allowable? Jan Frame 06 Oct 1994 14:21 EST

According to NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts (Special Edition NATIONAL
RESEACH SERVICE AWARDS Guidelines for Individual Awards-Institutional
Grants) page 10-- concerning use of institutional allowance:
"Funds may not be expended to cover the costs of travel between the
trainee's place of residence and the domestic training institution,
except that the grantee institution may authorize the cost of a one-way
travel allowance in an individual case of extreme hardship."