Re: IDC On Sub to CDC Kaaren Downey 02 Sep 1994 13:40 EST

Len:

This sounds like it would fall under Appendix 5 to the NIH Grants Policy
Statement (April 1, 1994, page A5-1) which says, "Indirect costs will not be
provided to Federal institutions."

Kaaren Downey

>Does anyone know the answer to this one?
>
>If the CDC is proposed as a cooperating institution on an NIH grant, does
>the budget have to include any IDC to the CDC?  Can the CDC accept IDC, or
>does NIH prohibit IDC to another PHS agency?  (Someone reading this in
>New Zealand must think I've gone completely bonkers what with all the
>acronyms.  To our international brethern, I apologize!)
>
>I'm assuming that we DO include the CDC's direct costs as part of the
>budget, or is their some other way to deal with this.
>
>Any of you NIH folk out there know how to deal with this one?
>
>THNX, (just thought I'd throw in another one for kicks)
>
>Have a Nice Labor Day Weekend all!
>

>Len

>Leonard P. Paplauskas    Assistant Vice President for Research     |
>203-679-3173             University of Connecticut Health Center   |
>FAX 679-2670             Farmington, CT   06030-5355               |
>xxxxxx@neuron.uchc.edu                                           |
>xxxxxx@sun.uchc.edu                                            |

Kaaren J. Downey                         PHONE:  (314) 362-5862
Assistant Director, Sponsored            FAX:    (314) 362-5872
Projects Services
Washington University
Medical Campus Research Office
724 S. Euclid Ave., Campus Box 8013