Equipment Transfer Question Paul Parker 18 Aug 1994 04:55 EST

 I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

 Date:     18-Aug-1994 04:50am EST
 From:     PAUL C. PARKER
 PPARKER
 Dept:     SPONSORED FUNDS
 Tel No:   607-777-6752   FAX 777-4354

TO:  Remote Internet User                 ( _IN%xxxxxx@ALBNYDH2 )

Subject: Equipment Transfer Question

 Kim Witmer (not sure of institution) asks for guidance regarding the use of
equipment in employees homes.  The Research Foundation of State University of
New York and the State University of New York recognize that employees have
the need for certain technical equipment for use at homes or other locations.

 We have a procedure that requires the completion of a fairly brief equipment
transfer form that asks for the type of equipment, property control asset
number, location, duration of transfer, purpose of transfer.  The form is
signed by the borrower and the office responsible for property control.  The
property control files are updated, appropriate offices on campus receive a
copy of the transfer form.  Durations of transfer vary and can be for an
indefinite period.  We do not restrict to research related purposes.

  Paul Parker, Director
  Sponsored Funds Administration
  Research Foundation of SUNY
  State U. of NY, Binghamton