Re: On vs Off-campus I/C Rates Michelle D. Christy 04 Aug 1994 16:23 EST

> Questions:
>
> Do you use more than one rate on a project?
> If not, how do you decide what rate to use?

Only one IC rate per grant, please.  We base our determination of the
MTDC base.  If more than 50% of the MTDC is for off campus work, the
off campus rate applies to the whole project.  Same thing for on
campus.

I've know that some schools split the grant into two accounts, though to
accomodate the 2 different rates.  I know the PI's really like the savings
in IC they usually gain from the reduced rate on the off campus work,
but what an accounting nightmare!

> You can answer via the list or to me directly.
>
> Thanks
>                 Geri Walker, Director
>                 e-mail:  xxxxxx@henson.cc.wwu.edu
>                 Bureau for Faculty Research