What Are You Called? Mike McCallister 29 Jun 1994 08:26 EST

I had the same problem when I came to Southeast.  The place
   was called "Research & Grants," and we spent a lot of
   time telling student the number for financial aid.  Plus
   it left our aging and barely living faculty with the idea
   that grants were all that was available to support their
   work.  I asked for a change to Sponsored Programs.  It
   went through several permutations, with my boss deciding
   it would be Sponsored Programs and Research.  Luckily the
   Provost, who had been out in the world, lopped off the
   and research part.
   Most schools do a lot more contracts now, plus regional
   schools like this one do tons of service projects, TRIO
   stuff, etc.
   Spanky