Re: Internal Office E-Mail Rob Unger 17 May 1994 09:22 EST

In message Research Administration Discussion Group
 writes:
> I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on an internal office
> email software which can be used on a Macintosh server.  Thanks.

I recommend WordPerfect Office.  We have a Mac server with users connected by
ethernet on two floors.  It works great for phone messages and memos, as well as
forwarding documents.  Version 4.0 (which we don't have) supports Mac, DOS, and
Windows clients.  The only downside is that, at least for now, it doesn't
support SMTP, the protocol for internet mail.  This means that our users have
two e-mail packages running, which is not really a problem.

Robert Unger, Manager of Publications and Information
University of Maryland at Baltimore
511 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD  21201
410-706-7131 (phone)