Re: U.S. ARMY BREAST CANCER PROGRAM Thomas C. Richardson 10 May 1994 07:01 EST

>If so, would you have a contact person or phone number?

The program was announced by:

Richard T. Travis, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Major General, Medical Corps Commander
US Army Research & Development Command
Ft. Detrick
Frederick, MD  21702-5012

We were required to submit questions in writing to:

US Army MEdical Research Acquisition Activity
ATTN:  SGRD-RMA-BC
Fort Detrick
Frederick, MD  21702-5014

>If not, any suggestions who I might contact to determine if this is a
>current program?

We submitted several proposals to this program.  As far as I know, it was a
"one shot deal" with funding available for obligation during federal fiscal
years 1993 and 1994.  There were 3 types of proposals solicited:
Infrastructure Enhancement, Training & Recruitment, and Research Projects.
Applications were due in November, 1993.

Finally, these were hellish applications.  Several interested investigators
backed out when they discovered how burdensome the proposals would be to
prepare.

Thomas C. Richardson
Acting Director
Bio Med Research Administration