Electronic Forms Jean Humphries 09 May 1994 08:39 EST

Franci,
 We're also using Excel to generate NSF forms (both Mac and PC), but
these are all home-grown.  We wrote a spreadsheet that meets our needs and
also "taught" Excel to print the NSF forms using the workbook function to
link the two.  Works great.
 We're in the process of doing the same with ARO, SF424-424B,
SF1411, DOE, etc.  We've also put the majority of these agencies other
forms on MS Word and are linking them to our internal routing forms to try
to cut down on duplicate typing, etc.  In Word, the template feature
combined with forms function, Word Art/Watermarking, and Publish/Subscribe
(linking on the PC) make the forms look good and are very functional.  (FYI
- the updated Mac version that reportedly has the upgrades that the
recently released 6.1a PC version is due out late summer.)
 We're curious what Middlebury is using?

Jean N. Humphries
Director, TEES Research Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station