Re: NSF Electronic Awards Thomas C. Richardson 06 May 1994 06:56 EST

>I have been receiving electronic awards for quite some time now.  Fabulous syst
>em.  I love it.  What I do, since hardcopy is a must and I like a nice crisp on
>e - I download the file to wordperfect then edit it slightly using courier 10pt
>and I stretch the margins to .5 on the left and right.  I then block out all th
>e jibberish and fire it off to the laser.  An award document to last a life tim
>e has been created.

Do you know if NSF has a position on whether or not it's okay to edit the
award notice?  Does NSF accept your altered hardcopy as the real thing?
Historically we've treated printed award notices from agencies as "sacred"
documents not to be altered.  Brown does print out our electronic award
notices, but they come spitting out of our mainframe printer in the
mind-numbing format in which NSF transmits them.

Thomas C. Richardson
Acting Director
Bio Med Research Administration
Brown University Box G-A322