(Fwd) Re: (Fwd) "incentive funds" Lou Pellegrino 03 May 1994 15:38 EST

From:          "Teri Willey" <xxxxxx@dsp.purdue.edu>
Date:          Tue, 3 May 1994 11:01:00 EST
Subject:       Re: (Fwd) "incentive funds"

Yes, we use RCT and have received about $20,000 in incentive
payments in the last year or so.  We simply distribute them to the
faculty as follows...first 1000 directly to the faculty, and the 3000 is
distributed according to our distribution policy.  It makes it easier for
them to accept the RCT arrangment since usually they'd prefer our
office handle it directly.

I too would recommend thoughtful use of RCT's services as an
extension to an in-house program.  There are technology areas we
use
them for and also use them in cases of joint inventorship with other
institutions.  They have been very accomodating in regard to some
sticky situations with sponsors and we very much appreciate their
services.  Note, we are not collecting any royalty income as a result
of
their efforts yet.   But, we are off-setting some healthy patent
expenses and their promotion of Purdue inventions has our name in
the press in a positive manner on a regular basis in popular
publications.

Purdue works with RCT on a non-exclusive basis.  We send about 20
disclosures a year (out of a hundred) for evaluation.  They've picked
up
(the 3,000 payment) about 4 or 5 in the last two years.  Their
evaluations have been useful on the ones they havn't picked up.

Hope this is useful information.

Teri Willey
Office of Technology Transfer
Purdue Research Foundation