Re: Budgeting Software Packages Jean Humphries 09 Mar 1994 15:31 EST

>Has anyone put together an inventory of budgeting software packages?  Are
>you or your researchers currently using a software package that is meeting
>your budget preparation needs?  Is any one program preferred over the
>other?
>
>If so could you please send to me the name of the software package and who
>would be the contact to use.  Also, any comments on why one is preferred
>over the others would be much appreciated.
>
>Thank You,
>
>Michael Mosebar
>Proposal Administrator
>Colorado State University
>(303)491-1554
>INTERNET:xxxxxx@vines.ColoState.EDU

_________________
I agree with Michelle Christy.  We looked at several pre-canned programs
and simply couldn't find one that was adaptable to our unique
circumstances.  All of the vendors were willing to re-program/customize
their software, for a price, but everytime we wanted to alter something
we'd have to pay them to do it.

We use Excel/Excel for windows with a template I made up for TEES and it's
idiosyncracies.  We can make adjustments to the template on a whim and have
figured out how to make it print on various agency forms.

I'd love to see a pre-canned program(s) that is either easily adaptable to
end-users needs by the end user, or inexpensively (and timely) adaptable by
the manufacturer.

Jean.

Jean N. Humphries
Director, TEES Research Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station

The Texas A&M University System
308 Wisenbaker Engineering Research Center
College Station, TX 77843-3000

Telephone:  (409) 845-1264
Fax:  (409) 845-9643
Email: xxxxxx@tamu.edu