Re: Budgeting Software Packages Michelle Christy 09 Mar 1994 13:05 EST

> Has anyone put together an inventory of budgeting software packages?  Are
> you or your researchers currently using a software package that is meeting
> your budget preparation needs?  Is any one program preferred over the
> other?
>
> If so could you please send to me the name of the software package and who
> would be the contact to use.  Also, any comments on why one is preferred
> over the others would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Michael Mosebar
> Proposal Administrator
> Colorado State University
> (303)491-1554
> INTERNET:xxxxxx@vines.ColoState.EDU

Mike,

Most of the people who prepare and approve budgets in this office are tied to
their calculators.  To date, I have not found any prepackaged budget software
that has any advantages over an excel or quatro spreadsheet.  I made up a
fairly simple template and this seems to do the trick just fine.  It also
allows me to change the indirect cost rates (this is rare, I know!) as
needed.

I'd be willing to look at any new options.  I have also been trying to
encourage my co-workers to use these spreadsheets, but....

Good luck.

Michelle

 Michelle D. Christy
 Rutgers University, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
 Phone - 908/445-4954  Fax - 908/445-3257  xxxxxx@gandalf.rutgers.edu